Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken with white beans and tomatoes

When I went home last week my Mom made this one day and it was so good I ate it for lunch and dinner.  It came from the January 2011 issue of Real Simple magazine.
It is super easy and uses fresh herbs (which I love!).  I am making this for dinner tonight after I pick up my chicken from the farmers market today. Try it one night this week for dinner and let me know what you think.

Chicken with white beans and tomatoes

2 15.5oz canned cannellini beans
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 sprigs fresh oregano
2-4 cloves garlic smashed
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
2 bone in, skin on chicken breasts


  1. Heat ove to 425
  2. In a large baking dish add rinsed beans, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, garlic, 1 tbsp oil,1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Toss together.
  3. Pat chicken dry and place on top of bean mixture skin side up.  
  4. Rub with remaining oil and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
  5. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 35-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment