Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

I found this recipe in one of my books filled with recipes that I have either ripped out of magazines or found online somewhere. This particular one came from an old Parade magazine clipping.  Funny,  I have hundreds of old recipes that I always thought looked good but never cooked them.  Well, I finally cooked this one and it  is now my new favorite!  You must try it...it is easy, quick and delicious.  We paired it with a cucumber salad and baked sweet potatoes.

Oven Fried Chicken

1lb boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders - washed and patted dry
1/4 cup Smart Balance lite melted
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan
2 tbsp dried parsley


  1. Preheat oven to 500
  2. Mix melted margarine, Dijon mustard and garlic in a bowl
  3. Add chicken to bowl and toss around until fully coated on both sides
  4. In a separate bowl combine Panko, Parmesan and parsley
  5. Now, coat only one side of the chicken in the crumb mixture.
  6. Place on a baking sheet or pan crumb side facing up and bake for 15 minutes.
  7. If you have thicker pieces of chicken and they are browning on the outside but not fully cooked on the inside, after the 15 minutes turn oven down to 400 and check every 10 minutes until cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment