Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 16, 2011

Italian Pasta Salad

I love, love, love cold pasta salad on a hot day.  Not the kind of pasta salad that is smothered in a mayonnaise sauce, but the kind that is light and flavorful.  I have experimented with different veggies, cheeses and meats and finally came up with a combination that my family loves.  I can tell you that when I make it, I make a lot!  Now between my husband and I, it does not last long.  I admit I have been known to sneak in the kitchen at night and take a few bites directly out of the container, in the dark :) and then again for breakfast.  I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do.

Italian Pasta Salad


1 lb. Gemelli pasta
1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar ( more if needed to taste)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Johnny's seasoning salt
12 ounces Sopressata , sliced thick and then cut into bite size pieces
1 container fresh Mozzarella drained and cut into bite size pieces

  1. Boil pasta until cooked, drain and set in large mixing bowl in fridge until cool.
  2. Slice bell pepper paper thin and cut into bite size strips Add to cooled pasta
  3. Add fresh mozzarella and sopressata to pasta and toss to combine.
  4. Add Olive Oil and about 1/4 cup (give or take) Red Wine vinegar and Johnny's seasoning salt.
  5. Toss to combine and taste to see if seasoning is right for you. 



*Sometimes I like to add a bit more vinegar and seasoning salt.   
**If you can't find Johnny's seasoning salt, use whatever herbs/seasoning you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment