Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ham, Gruyere, and Shallot Pizza

I received an email last week from one of my favorite magazine, Real Simple, which was titled "The Best Pizza Ever".  So once I pulled it up and realized I had all of the ingredients I decided to give it a try.  It was truly decadent and marvelous, rich and nutty, my whole family loved it.  It was a good change from the regular veggie pizza.  I highly recommend trying it out for yourself :)

Ham, Gruyere, and Shallot Pizza


1 lb pizza dough
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Shallots, cut into thin rings
12 sprigs fresh Thyme
kosher salt 
pepper
8-10 paper thin slices of Ham (we used Boars Head Tavern ham)
1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese



  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Form dough into pizza and brush with 1 Tbsp olive oil
  3. bake 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden
  4. Meanwhile in a seperate bowl combine thyme, olive oil, shallots, salt and pepper
  5. Top pizza with ham, shallot mixture and cheese
  6. Bake until crust is crisp and cheese is melted, another 12-15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment