Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banana Bread

One of the few things my Mom cooked when we were kids and was always good was banana bread.
Every time I would try and make it like she did, it never tasted the same.  She would always do the bread in a loaf pan and it would come out perfectly browned and cooked all the way through.  When I tried it, the sides would be burned and the middle was raw.  So I gave up and decided to do muffins instead.  I added a few ingredients to my recipe, but I think it is still as good as mom's.

Banana Bread Muffins

1 cup Sugar
1 stick Butter (salted)
2 large Eggs
3 ripe Bananas
1 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
2 cups All-Purpose Flour (sifted)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder


  1. Pre heat oven to 325.
  2. In a small bowl, mash the bananas, milk and vanilla together and set aside
  3. In another bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
  4. Cream the butter and sugar together, then add eggs one at a time until blended in.
  5. Add the banana mixture in with the sugar/butter/egg mixture and stir until it is all mixed together.
  6. Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) until well blended.
  7. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 min for mini muffins, 1 hour if you do a loaf pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment