Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 20, 2011

The BEST Crabcakes

When we came back from Seabrook Island I made sure to get some fresh crabmeat because I have been craving crabcakes.  I am very particular about my crabcakes.  I am not a fan of crabcakes with mayonnaise in them as a binder.  I also do not like a lot of filler, I like a lot of crab.  Years ago when I was still working in NOLA, I saw Chef Paul Prudhome make this recipe on the local morning news.  I knew immediately that this was the recipe for me.  I have been making it ever since and I promise you it will not disappoint!

The BEST Crabcakes

1lb lump or white crabmeat
1/2 stick butter
1 medium onion chopped finely
1 large rib of celery chopped finely
1/2 green bell pepper chopped finely
1 beaten egg
1 3/4 cups Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 sleves of crackers) crushed
1 1/2 tsp Old Bay
1 tsp worcestershire


  1. Melt 1/3 of the butter in a saute pan over medium heat and cook onions, celery and bell pepper until tender.
  2. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients.
  3. Toss together well and form into crabcakes
  4. Melt remaining butter in saute pan over medium heat and add crabcakes, a few at a time.
  5. Cook 3-5 minutes each side, until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment