Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Black-Eyed Pea Salad

To me, the perfect summer dinner is something cold.  Since ice cream and Popsicles do not qualify for dinner, I am always on the lookout for a nice cold summer salad.  I have some great cold pasta salad recipes but sometimes pasta is too heavy for me.  I stumbled across this recipe on a PBS show called Everyday Food and loved it.  It is so good that next time I may double it and add some more veggies/ beans.

Black-Eyed Pea Salad
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 pkg (10 0z.) frozen corn kernels, rinsed and thawed
1/2  red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
Salt and pepper


1. In a large bowl combine black-eyed peas, bell peppers and corn
2. In a separate bowl combine mustard, vinegar, oil and shallot, whisk together to combine
3.Toss dressing with vegetables and add a dash of salt and pepper to season.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour then serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment