Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

Doggie Dinner

I thought it would be fun to post something a little different.  Every year on my dog's birthdays they get a special dinner.  We either do turkey burgers, turkey meatballs, chicken and rice or turkey hash.  I am not ashamed to admit it...I treat my dogs like they are my children.  That is just how I am.  I have nothing against people who do not.  But I can not imagine having a dog live outside and feeding them Ol' Roy.  Heck, I have spent more money on my dogs health care than on my own son.  And although life would be easier without them, I wouldn't trade them for  all the money in the world!  So if you love your animals as much as I do, treat them to a good dinner once in a while...they will love it :)

Turkey Hash

1 lb ground Jennie-O Turkey
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 Tbsp Parsley flakes
1tsp Garlic powder
1 Carrot
1 head Broccoli
2 cups Brown rice - cooked
2 hard boiled Eggs (peeled)


  1. Brown turkey in frying pan and add parsley, thyme and garlic powder.
  2. Chop and boil carrot and broccoli
  3. Mix all together in a large bowl with the cooked brown rice
  4. Crumble hard boiled eggs on top.
  5. Serve one all has cooled off.


No comments:

Post a Comment