Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pico De Gallo and Corn & Black Bean Quesadilla

For some reason I am liking me some Mexican food.  But not the restaurant Mexican food.  The "I want to be a chef like Rick Bayless" Mexican food.  After multiple failed attempts at his rather complex recipes, I have decided to just put together my own.  Ingredients that I like and I think go well together, so far so good.  If the boys eat it then I will keep cooking it.

Pico de Gallo
12  Campari tomatoes
1/2 large White Onion
1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro ( I like a lot of Cilantro)
1/2 to 1 large Lime
Kosher Salt 

  1. Seed and chop tomatoes, dice onions and rough chop the cilantro
  2. combine all ingredients in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt
  3. Add the juice of the lime and chill before serving


<span>Corn and Black Bean Quesadilla</span>
1 cup frozen Corn or4-6 ears fresh corn
1/2 large Vidalia Onion
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp olive oil
Kosher salt
6 flour Tortillas
1/2 cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend

  1. Sautee onions in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt until they start to caramelize (3-4 min.)
  2. Add corn and saute another 3 min.
  3. Add Black beans and a dash of salt until all flavors come together, 2 min
  4. Spoon mixture onto 1 flour tortilla and top with 2 tbsp cheese and another tortilla
  5. Broil until cheese is melted (1-2 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment