Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Dry Rubbed BBQ Chicken Breast

I hadn't eaten chicken for a few years since I had a bad experience with a pack of chicken I got from Walmart years ago.  I just stopped eating/buying it...I will spare you the details.  Once we moved to Baltimore I could walk to Whole Foods, so I started to buy chicken there.  Then we had to move to Augusta, GA and there is no Whole Foods here, so I was resigned to the fact of not eating chicken again until I discovered a wonderful group of local farmers who participate in a program here to sell there goods, Augusta Locally Grown.  Now I joined and was able to get on with a local chicken farmer (Gingersnap Hollow Farms) who provides me with a monthly supply of chicken and eggs.  The freshest and best chicken and eggs I have ever had in my life.  I encourage EVERYONE to find your local farmers and support them.  I can proudly say I no longer buy any of my meat from a store, the difference in taste in unbelievable.  Makes you wonder what they are doing to the stuff they do sell in stores.  While it may be more money, it is not by much, plus you are supporting your local farmers who deserve it.

Dry Rubbed BBQ Chicken Breast

4 Chicen breast -skin and bone on
3/4 cup Kosher salt, plus 1 Tsp.
3/4 cup light Brown Sugar, plus 1 tsp
3/4 cup white Vinegar
3 Tbsp dry BBQ seasoning

  1. Combine 8 cups water, 3/4 cups salt, vinegar, sugar and 1 Tbsp BBQ seasoning in a large plastic container to create a brine (I use an old tupperware lettuce keeper with a lid)
  2. Add Chicken and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
  3. Preheat oven to 350
  4. Remove chicken from Brine and pat dry
  5. Combine remaining salt, sugar and BBQ seasoning and rub all over chicken
  6. Place in roasting pan, Add 2 Tbsp. water to bottom of pan and roast 45-50 minutes or lay on foil lined sheet pan and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment