Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies

Another great recipe from Martha Stewart.  This is hands down the best Oatmeal cookie recipe I have come across.  I had always made the recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oats can, not any more.  This recipe is simple and easy, I especially like it because it uses little butter and flour.  I was skeptical at first, but once they were baked and consumed I threw out my original recipe and replaced it with this one.  We always  divide the dough into 1/3 and add chocolate chips,  raisins and walnuts and the remaining 1/3 we leave plain.  Trust me, you will be pleasantly surprised  at how yummy these cookies are.  I may have to bake a batch tomorrow, so pictures will be added then :)

Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick Unsalted Butter
2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
1/3 cup granulated Sugar
1 large Egg
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats


  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Sift flour in separate bowl - do this separately as 1 cup flour sifted will equal 1 1/2 cups.
  3. Add sifted flour (1 cup measured), baking powdered, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl and set aside
  4. In Mixer bowl beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy
  5. Mix in egg, vanilla and then flour mixture.
  6. Mix in Oats (and raisins, chocolate chips, or anything else you may want to add to your cookies)
  7. Drop dough on parchment lined baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes.
  8. Let cool before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment