Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Pie

In honor of our beloved Gramps, George Strother Givens,  we are making his famous Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Pie for dessert today.   I never wrote down the recipe, so every time I would make it I would call him up and he would tell me the recipe.  I don't have him to go to anymore, but am finally going to write his recipe down now :)  He made it sugar free because his wife Ruby Mae was a diabetic, personally I prefer sugar free to regular because after years of eating it that way, the regular pudding is too sweet for my taste.  But if the thought of "Sugar Free" makes you cringe, by all means make it the good old fashioned way.  I prefer using low fat / low sugar versions of certain foods because that is just what I am used to.  But if you prefer the good old regular versions of these ingredients, by all means use it.



Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Pie
1 pre-made Graham Cracker crust pie shell
1 small box Sugar Free Jello Chocolate Pudding Mix - Instant
1 container of Cool Whip lite
1 8oz box of low fat cream cheese - at room temperature



  1. Make pudding and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until pudding has set.
  2. With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese with 1/2 of the cool whip
  3. Spread cream cheese mixture into the pie shell
  4. Top with the pudding (that has already set)
  5. Top that with the remaining cool whip
  6. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.









No comments:

Post a Comment