Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lemon Shortbread Cookies

As I have stated before, my boys love dessert.  Today Reid asked me to make pumpkin cake with chocolate chips.  I had my heart on trying something new.  Since he loves to eat lemons, I asked him if he wanted to try some lemon cookies.  I took out my Martha Stewart Holiday Cookie Magazine that I have been holding onto and marking the pages all while promising to make all the complex yet delicious looking cookies.  Low and behold I found a shortbread cookie recipe with different variations on it.  So here goes the "Lemon Rounds" version of them, although in honor of Valentines day we will be making them into
"Lemon Hearts".  Very easy to  make, only time consuming part is that that have to chill after you make the dough, and then again once you cut them out.

Lemon Shortbread Cookies


2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice


  1. Add flour and salt in a separate bowl and set aside
  2. Beat butter with mixer until fluffy, gradually add sugar then lemon zest and lemon juice.
  3. Add flour mixture all at once and mix until combined.
  4. wrap dough in wax paper and chill for 1 hour.
  5. Preheat oven to 300
  6. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into any shape desired and put on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
  7. Chill again for 30 min
  8. Bake for 20 minutes.
  9. Dust with extra powdered sugar if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment