Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy Thai Green Curry

I am in love with the Thai curries at TAO II Asian Cuisine off Washington Rd by our house.  So I thought how hard could this be?  Well, if you want to make it from scratch and taylor the spice to your liking, nearly impossible unless you live in Asia.  I went to 2 Oriental markets looking for ingredients to make my own curry paste and neither had what I needed.  So I purchased some jarred curry paste and gave it a go.
The recipe below is great if you like really SPICY curry.  Personally, it was too much for me, at least my husband ate it.

Thai Green Curry

1/3 cup Green Curry Paste
1 can Coconut milk
2 Chicken breasts 
12 shrimp
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Red Pepper
1 large Onion
1 can Bamboo shoots
1 can Water Chestnuts
2 cups Water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tsp. salt
1/2 cup fresh Basil 

  1. Slice chicken into 1/4 inch slices and peel shrimp
  2. Chop all veggies into medium size chunks
  3. Pour 1/2 can coconut milk in pot and bring to a boil
  4. Add curry paste and stir together for 2 min
  5. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil
  6. Add chicen and shrimp and simmer until chicken is cooked
  7. Add al vegetables and bring to a boil
  8. Add the rest of the coconut milk, sugar and salt and let simmer another 5 min.

* I actually had to add another can of coconut milk in hopes it would not be so spicy.  
   It helped, but not enough for me :)  Needless to say we have lots of leftovers that my husband 
   will be taking to work for his co-workers to enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment