Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Chicken Spaghetti

For Valentines day I got the request to make my Mom's Chicken Spaghetti.  It is a wonderful one pot dish, as in you add all the ingredients into the pot and let simmer for an hour, and voila!  you have a dinner. I remember when my Mom first made this out of one of her old Ralph and Kaco's cookbooks years ago.  I complained about it having chicken and olives in the red sauce...I thought it would be gross.  To my surprise it was anything but.  Now it is one of the top 3 recipes my husband requests for me to cook.  I can also tell you it is better cold, I have been caught picking the chicken and olives out of the tupperware container inside the fridge,  door wide open, every time :)

Red Chicken Spaghetti
1 lb skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
1 rib Celery
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 6oz. cans Tomato paste (I like Cento brand)
1 can large Black Olives pitted
1 can Mushrooms
1 can peeled Tomato's
1 1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp. Sugar
Kosher Salt
1/2 cup Parmesean
2 tbsp Olive Oil



  1. Salt chicken breasts and brown in olive oil
  2. Chop all vegetables and add to the browned chicken
  3. Add all other ingredients (including the juice from canned Olives and Mushrooms)
  4. Simmer for 1 hour
  5. Serve over pasta




No comments:

Post a Comment